On Friday, American National Insurance Company (NASD: ANAT) shares price traded between $115.24 and $118.20 during the last trading session below with -1.23% at $116.30. The shares recorded a trading volume 58,043 million shares as compared to its average volume of 54,185 shares. The company has 26.94M shares outstanding and market value of 3.133B. Over the one year trading period, the stock has a peak price of $134.03 and its down is recorded at $110.43. The short ratio in the stock is 1.59 and the short float is around of 0.26%.
American National Insurance Company (ANAT) reported fourth quarter net income of $344.6M or $12.78 per diluted share, a $284.8M raise from net income for the same period of 2016 of $59.8M or $2.22 per diluted share. The raise in fourth quarter net income includes a provisional $206.4M benefit resulting from the recently enacted U.S. Tax Cut and Jobs Act (“Tax Reform”). This impact from Tax Reform is presently an estimate and may be adjusted, possibly materially, Because of additional calculations and/or further tax guidance. Not Including the impact from Tax Reform, net income for the fourth quarter was $138.2M, an raise of $78.4M from the same period of 2016. Book value per diluted share raised to $194.61 at December 31, 2017 from $172.51 at December 31, 2016.
Not Including the impact of Tax Reform, fourth quarter after-tax operating income, which excludes realized investment earnings, raised to $81.8M or $3.03 per diluted share contrast to $46.3M or $1.72 per diluted share for the same period of 2016. Including the impact of Tax Reform, fourth quarter after-tax operating income was $288.2M or $10.69 per diluted share. Earnings from Life and Property and Casualty sections raised importantly contrast to the same period of 2016.
- 2017 net income raised $106.2M, or 58.7% over the previous year period, not including the provisional tax benefit
- Total 2017 premiums and other revenues, at $3.4B, raised $183.0M, or 5.7%, over 2016
- 2017 after-tax operating income raised $46.9M, or 37.0% over the previous year, not including the provisional tax benefit
- Total life sales for 2017 raised $15.8M, a 15.3% raise over 2016
- Property & casualty net written premiums for 2017 raised by $131.1M, or 10.2%, over previous year
- Total life insurance in force raised 7.8% over year-end 2016 to reach $103.1B at December 31, 2017
American National Insurance Company’s (ANAT) EPS growth ratio for the past five years was 8.40% while Sales growth for the past five years was 2.00%. Return on equity (ROE) was noted as 10.10% while return on investment (ROI) was 3.80%. The stock’s institutional ownership stands at 66.40%.